Re: xdm

Napisane 24-Gru-99 przez: Andreas Meyer...
>Hello!

>I start Debian with runlevel 2 but it starts through to X. I renamed the
>/etc/rc2.d/S99.xdm and the /etc/init.d/xdm files without success.
>How do I avoid to go to X directly?

I run xdm without "going to X directly". Why? I need to connect to foreign
Xservers via XDMCP but don't need (and don't want) to have Xserver running on
the machine in question. How it was done? AFAIR I simply commented out the
line in one of the config files being it '/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers' or some
around.

No, you don't need to mess anything in rc*

--
      / /
     / /