Re: Some problems... (fwd)

Moin,
On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 02:50:05PM +0100, R.S.L. wrote:

> I have an amiga 1200, and I install debian linux distribution on it. I know
> linux but I have some problems configuring some programs:
> I have installed the browser Arena, but when I try to load it on X, it tells
> me the following sentence:
>
> Arena.AllocGreyScale: Can't allocate standard grey palette
maybe your display does not have enough colors?

> and I can't load any html files.
lynx, amaya, grafics board.

> Another problem is whit the fetchmail program. I can't receive e-mail
> messages,  and I want to ask you if you can send me a sample .fetchmailrc file
> for a normal e-mail account.
define "a normal e-mail account"
did you look in to the examples? Its usually found in /usr/doc/fetchmail
I see a sample.rcfile.gz here on slink/i386. Whats so bad about that? Its
fully commented, maybe too full...

A simple file looks like this:
pop pop.provider.com
	protocol POP3 # or auto or whatever you provider provides.
	username "user"
	password password
#	mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s" # if you want your mail sorted
# better forget this until you know procmail

You can do things like pop over SSH with a preconnect, I use this:
poll localhost port 11110 via localhost with protocol pop3:
	username user
	password password
	mda "/usr/bin/procmail -Y -d %s"
	preconnect "ssh -x -c blowfish -C -f -L 11110:server:110 user@server sleep 2 0 </dev/null >/dev/null";

But you should have ssh-agent running and know a bit about ssh to improve
security, and not reduce it. Probably your normal email account does not
allow this.

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz