Re: mac install

Michael,
    the reason I asked about the floppies was for this reason... it did not
take long for me to realize that it was the resource forks (i.e. the
structure of a mac executable) that was getting messed up in the PC to mac
transfer. The only way to get around this would be to do the following...
    1) format a 1.4 floppy on a mac
    2) cp any executables to it... not in any archive format
    3) make an image of the floppy... one that could be dd to a floppy on
linux

    I guess, in the end, what I would need would be the following...
    1) all files to be in a format which can be safely downloaded (i.e. it's
contents won't get screwed up) on any machine (Windows, dos, linux, etc)
    2) any programs, that I would need to get the above files into a usable
format on the mac, made into an hfs floppy image (i.e. something I could dd
on to a floppy in linux)
    All I really need I guess is something like stuffit and a scsi formater
placed on a hfs floppy and an image made of the floppy.

James

p.s. I found one image here
ftp://ftp.mac.linux-m68k.org/pub/linux-mac68k/mac-utils/mac_7.5_nb_disk.img