Getting debian 68k running on Mac IIsi]

--- Begin Message ---
40 mb is not enough to make a partition for linux; that alone could explain your
problem. you should plan to use most of your new drive for linux.

hopefully, what you have attached to the funky network card is the nubus adapter
card which gives you an fpu...otherwise, you may have problems unless you can get
the kernel which does fpu emulation. if you have a nubus network card, then you
almost certainly have the fpu; but there were some pds network cards made for the
iisi and other mac's, so you should check.

you may also want to upgrade your mac o/s to 7.5.x, as i understand that there
were some problems with o/s versions earlier thatn 7.1...i may be corrected on
this point.