Getting debian 68k running on Mac IIsi

Hi All:

I'm trying to install onto a Mac IIsi and seem to have run into a wall.
After the installer gets to the base install part.....it seems to be
extracting everything, but after a while the screen just goes white and
nothing ever happens.  No drive noise, nothing.

After forcing a restart, I tried changing the penguin prefs to boot off of
/dev/sda4, my root partition....and it gets to the point where it checks
partitions, then mounts it....but it mounts it read only.  And hangs.

>From here, I'm not sure what to do next.

Here's a bit of info on my little system if it helps determine the problem....
Macintosh IIsi, Mac OS 7.01 installed
9Mb RAM
80Mb SCSI HD
	/dev/sda0
	/dev/sda1
	/dev/sda2
	/dev/sda3		MacOS HFS Partition 	20Mb
	/dev/sda4		Root Partition		40Mb
	/dev/sda5		Swap Partition		20Mb
	/dev/sda6		Free Space		<2Mb
And some kind of funky Network Card that seems to work fine from the Mac side.
Also, I have a bigger drive (420Mb) on order and more RAM as well
(upgrading to 17Mb)

I'm not sure what's hanging the process, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

-Jim-

* Jim Yanko                "Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
* astrozomby@antisocial.com        astrozomby@bigfoot.com