Re: Keyboard on X Windows and screen resolution problems.

Hi, R S L <cidamico@pelagus.it>!
You wrote about "Keyboard on X Windows and screen resolution problems.":

> I recently installed X Windows on my Amiga 1200. Everything is fine but I
> can't use my keyboard correctly: I can't delete, and I have to go back whit
> the slider and use the 'del' key in order to delete a character. I tried to

well, I'm assuming you're using the X-Packages from slink..

> XkbDisable
  ^^^^^^
Xkb is disabled here, so the following Options (which wouldn't work at all)
won't affekt your problem.

> XkbRules   "xfree86"
> XkbModel   "pc102"
> XkbLayout   "us"
> XkbVariant   ""
> XkbOptions   ""
> XkbKeymap   "xfree86(us)"

> but it doesn't work, and there is always the same problem!

you have to take a look into /etc/X11/Xmodmap an uncomment the corresponding
options like described in there. IIRC

or you could try to use Xkb:

#XkbDisable
XkbKeymap   "amiga"

all other Xkb* Options have to be commented out.. (should work)

> Can you please tell more about, thank you for your collaboration,
> Roberto.

bye,
Andreas

--
Andreas Oeldenberger           _ -_ -/¯/
andreas.oeldenberger@gmx.net  - -_ -/_/