Re: Bug in installation of Debian 2.1 on Atari

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 03:55:08PM +0200, Roman Hodek wrote:
> > That's all ?? What about partitions with an odd number of sectors,
> > does fdisk_find_disk round up or down there, and will that affect
> > the comparison (end of partition > end of disk) ?
>
> The variable hd_size is only used to check if the disk has an Atari
> format paritioning at all. The test for this is VALID_PARTITION, and
> it uses hd_size to verify that start and end of the part are inside
> the disk's borders.

And hd_size is size in blocks >> 1 (fdisk_add_disk) so it truncates for
disks with an odd number of 512 byte blocks. If only the last partition
were valid in such a situation, and extended to the actual last block,
we'd miss that one again. Not very likely though. And easier to work around.