Re: HP Deskwriter C

> Ares wrote:
> >
> > I recently got Debian running on my Mac LC/III (turns out it works a whole
> > lot better with a Math Coprocessor). Has anyone out there got a Deskwriter
> > C working off of the Mac serial ports under Debian? I can cat files to the
> > port, but get solid black lines on the paper. printcap and filter scripts
> > would be helpful.
>
> What kind of printer is that? Tried changing the serial speed or other
> serial
> parameters? Tried to ask the manufacturer for technical documentation? HP
> used
> to have good technical manuals for their printers.

I believe the Deskwriter is the same as the Deskjet, except for LocalTalk
support. Try dumping the output from the ghostscript deskjet driver to the
serial port and see if you get anything useful.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87