Re: More on the Quadra...

"Jason H. Reeves" wrote:

>         I'm using kernel 2.0.36.  I'll try others today and see if that
> helps.  Has anyone got the ethernet card to work using a different
> version of the kernel?

I'm using it with 2.1.120, 2.1.131 and 2.2 kernels. Anything later than
mid-January should work, in principle (except 2.0.36, apparently).
I'm not sure which kernels actually are mine on the FTP site though.

>         I wiggled some wires, rebooted, and did a snoop on the hardware
> address of the ethernet card, and noticed that it was doing ARP
> requests.  Nothing was answering it, though.  It seemed to do ARP
> requests whenever I pinged it.
>         An ifconfig showed that it was receiving packets, but it was
> dropping them.  It's like it doesn't know the packets belong to it or
> something.

Sounds like a problem with the endianness of the SONIC data structures, or
a cache problem. I'll look into these two.

>         I'll try other kernels and report back.

Thanks for testing on the wire level :-)