Re: CDs: where are we up to?

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> OK, which files? Send me a tar file and instructions on where to put the
>> contents and I'll patch slink_cd to do it for you.
>master, my homedir (cts), debian_cd_1.tar.gz Maybe the permissions of the
>info files are wrong, I created the tar file under AmigaOS. They just have
>to be readable on amiga, worldreadable should not hurt. Maybe the
>permissions of the directories are wrong also, it might be bad if this tar
>file changes them for ie doc. Only the .info files are important and must
>be readable.
>
>-r--r--r--   2 root     root        36860 Jul 21  1998  install/amiga/amiboot-5.6
>this file must be executable on amiga. Chris said option -r instead of -R
>might be needed for mkhybrid to achieve this.

OK, I'll check that.

>If you have problems with this, just ask me (I did not create an .info file
>for _every_ file which might be clicked on, only the ones I find useful. So
>amiga users can read the readmes easily and click their way to the
>StartInstall script. m68k-tools and m68k-faq directories are visible, but
>not the contents, they contain only html files, I didnt find an easy way
>quickly how to start a web browser (which) or other useful display tool
>with the icon. Everything can be accessed from the shell though).

OK...

>> In terms of the missing/broken packages for m68k, where are we? I'm about
>> to do another run for depends checking...
>AFAIK we didnt do any further recompiles for dependency problems as they
>can not be fixed currently. So pull the packages which depend on
>libguile, as it will not be available for slink, pull xlockmore_gl which
>depends on mesa2.  We still have a problem with kbd, -14 has been
>installed recently, I can not see kbd here on de.debian.org, only
>kbd_data... Roman, you did recompile it AFAIR?  I dont know of other
>broken packages, if you find more, please report so we can decide what to
>do with them.

Here's the output from my latest run. I'm just hacking slink_cd now to add
an exclude file for each architecture, listing packages that should be
left out for the CD build. I'll remove wine-doc, xlockmore-gl and all the
guile-depending packages now and try again.

Failed:
   Package: console-tools-data
      console-tools(>= 1998.08.11-3)
   Package: egon
      siagoffice-common(= 3.0.6-1)
   Package: kbd
      kbd-data(= 0.96a-12)
   Package: kbd-compat
      console-tools(= 1998.08.11-3)
   Package: siag-common
      siagoffice-plugins(= 3.0.6-4)
   Package: siagoffice-plugins
      siagoffice-common(= 3.0.6-1)
   Package: tsiag
      siag-common(= 3.0.6-1)
   Package: wdm
      libwraster1(>= 0.50.2)
   Package: xpw
      siagoffice-common(= 3.0.6-1)
   Package: xsiag
      siag-common(= 3.0.6-1)
Unknown:
   Package: egon
      libguile2
   Package: gem
      pd(>> 0.23)
   Package: gnurobots
      libguile2
   Package: gstep-base-examples
      gstep-base-dev(= 0.5.0.981229-1)
   Package: gtop
      libglib1.1.12(>= 1.1.12-1)
   Package: palm-doctoolkit
      palmpython(>= 0.5.2)
   Package: pilot-manager
      pilot-link-perl
   Package: python-history
      python-pdb
   Package: scwm
      libguile2
   Package: tsiag
      libguile2
   Package: wine-doc
      wine
   Package: xlockmore-gl
      mesag2(>= 2.6)
   Package: xpw
      libguile2
   Package: xsiag
      libguile2
24 Critical errors encountered. Exiting.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
		Oh My God! They Killed init! You Bastards!