Re: CDs: where are we up to?

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> OK. Apologies for missing your mail; it doesn't appear to have got to me
> here at work. I'll see what I can do with your guidance.
Hurray, hes hearing me :-)

> OK, which files? Send me a tar file and instructions on where to put the
> contents and I'll patch slink_cd to do it for you.
master, my homedir (cts), debian_cd_1.tar.gz Maybe the permissions of the
info files are wrong, I created the tar file under AmigaOS. They just have
to be readable on amiga, worldreadable should not hurt. Maybe the
permissions of the directories are wrong also, it might be bad if this tar
file changes them for ie doc. Only the .info files are important and must be
readable.

-r--r--r--   2 root     root        36860 Jul 21  1998 install/amiga/amiboot-5.6
this file must be executable on amiga. Chris said option -r instead of -R
might be needed for mkhybrid to achieve this.
If you have problems with this, just ask me (I did not create an .info file
for _every_ file which might be clicked on, only the ones I find useful. So
amiga users can read the readmes easily and click their way to the
StartInstall script. m68k-tools and m68k-faq directories are visible, but
not the contents, they contain only html files, I didnt find an easy way
quickly how to start a web browser (which) or other useful display tool
with the icon. Everything can be accessed from the shell though).

> I'm happy to do the stuff myself, so long as I know somebody will be able
> to check them.
Excellent!

> Fine, understood. All should be OK if you can give me the .info files you
> need and some instructions. I'll build a pair of CD images tonight on
> cdimage.debian.org and tell you when they're done. If you can grab them
> and test them tomorrow then all should be OK.
Wonderful :-)

> In terms of the missing/broken packages for m68k, where are we? I'm about
> to do another run for depends checking...
AFAIK we didnt do any further recompiles for dependency problems as they can
not be fixed currently. So pull the packages which depend on libguile, as it
will not be available for slink, pull xlockmore_gl which depends on mesa2.
We still have a problem with kbd, -14 has been installed recently, I can not
see kbd here on de.debian.org, only kbd_data... Roman, you did recompile it
AFAIR?
I dont know of other broken packages, if you find more, please report so we
can decide what to do with them.

Ciao,
Christian.