Re: Problems with Xwindows and Network

Barry Wise, ITCN wrote:

> I have a Mac IIci with a turbo 40 card, a Radius PrecisionColor 8-24x Nubus
> card, and an Apple Sonic-T nubus card.  Debian Linux runs fine, but it does not
> detect the network card.

Nubus Sonic cards are not supported at this time. Someone with such a card
should look into writing a driver (or rather porting the builtin Sonic
driver).
Shouldn't be too hard.

> I also have a problem with Xwindows.  I finally got all th base packages
> installed with no dependency problems (xbase, fonts, fb server etc.) but when I
> run startx, the xserver begins to launch(apparently) but then the screen goes
> blank and thats it.

I'm amazed that the Radius works even for console. Please report which
kernel version you used, and try to figure out if only the display hangs or
the whole
kernel crashes (logging console messages to a serial line, or logging in on
a serial line, helps there).