Re: Buddha Flash support?

Georg Breitsprecher wrote:
> Does anybody know if it's possible to use Linux m68k with a Buddha Flash IDE
> controller (Amiga)? I'm using an A1200T, Zorro II, 060/50Mhz, CV64/3D,
> Buddha Flash, 2 x HD, 2 x CDROM and tried to install the Debian 2.0.34
                                                                  ^^^^^^
What's that? Anyway, Debian 2.0 doesn't support that card IIRC.

> distribution, without any success. The problem is that the original 1200
> IDE controller seems to be defect, so I can't use it... Is there a way tu
> use the board or is someone working on it?

>From what I recall on the linux-m68k list, no one works on it because no
one has the programming documentation. Two ways out: ask the
manufacturer,
or reverse engineer the AmigaOS driver. Register base, offsets and
interrupt
info is needed to write a driver (or rather, extend the existing
driver).
Adding a new m68k IDE driver is as simple as filling in these numbers
in a IDE hwif struct and register the proper interrupt.