Installing linux on an Amiga

I installed linux on the Amiga4000 of my friend, but it's not working very
well. I have no X11 and there are missing many libraries.
Now I'd like to try debian m68k linux.
I have all the binary packages (*.deb) in their subdirectories (admin,
base, ...) and the disk directories (common and amiga).
What do I do now ?

Can I boot amiga/vmlinux with amiboot and common/base2_0.tgz as ramdisk
image or do I have to make a boot disk with drv1440.bin and boot with it ?

What do I have to do after that ? Can I put the binary packages on an
ext2fs disk and install them from there ? Which Program do I need to do
that ?

Normally i'm using SuSE or RedHat linux on intel or sparc machines so I
have some experience with Linux but not with debian.

Martin