Re: L68K: Problems building X / installing

Michael Schmitz <SCHMITZ@LCBVAX.CCHEM.BERKELEY.EDU> writes:

> >I compiled Xfree yesterday and everything went fine until it tried to
> >package the stuff. (see end of logfile)
>
> 'Everything went fine' - please check World*.log for possible errors.
> make World continues and doesn't stop after errors. The log below is
> pretty useless for compile errors, and doesn't help much in case of makefile
> problems either.

I checked it roughly and didn't spot errors.

Now I greped it and I found an error:

/linux/joystik.h is missing.

The logs are awailable at

ftp://mirjam.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/pub/xfree/

as I forgot to mention.

I figure that xfree should depend on misc/joystik, or it should not
include joystik support.

> >Also I tried to install some older X binaries, but it wouldn't
> >configure my X (command not found) and thus the XF86Config wasn't
> >created. Is it a known bug thats fixed already or should I file a bug?
>
> Didn't happen to me, so it seems to be a new bug, please file ...

Bad, lets see if it happens with the -4 patch as well.

> give a little hint?? I don't assume you're posting each failed build somewhere
> for others to examine without doing the basic homework yourself - so what
> exactly is the problem?

I'm used to programs that stop compiling when hitting an error (unless
I use make -k). Reading the last pages of a 1.7 MB logfile is normally
enough to find the error. One never stops learning.

Thanks for the fast reply.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn