how to make screenshots of the installation process?

Hi!

Is there a way to snapshot the text console to a bitmap picture? I
want to snapshot some /usr/sbin/dinstall screens. I know on the Amiga
the text console isnt anything more than a graphics screen which
theoretically could be saved if one has its address, but I do not know
if there is a legal way to get it, and if that would be an easy task
to get access to this memory and save it to a picture. IMHO that might
be to complicated to get it done within this week, which is deadline
for my article.

My other thought is snapping the text contents and redisplay it in an
xterm window afterwards that I then snapshot with an X11 tool or just
start the dinstall script into an xterm window from an existing linux
system. Which command could I use for snapshotting? (I seem to
remember something like xwd or such...)

Any hints that make it practical to snapshot some steps of the
installation process are appreciated. Mrvn, AFAIK you are working on
an installation guide on the web, you use HTML commands to replicate
the screens from dinstall, how do you come to the original data?

I guess I will include a link to your installation guide also, a link
to your debian-m68k pages is already in my article. I hope they will
print all of it... are already 4 pages... and with a 32 paged add-on
to a pc-magazine there isnt that much space left... argh... I will
have to switch over to an other magazine sooner or later. But this
article I have promised to the editor.

--
|_| _ |o _  _  Martin Steigerwald