Manual Network config

Greetings-

Forgive my lack of experience, but I cannot seem to find documentation
regarding network setup for Debian.  I've got it running on my SE/30, and
despite my other linux machines (MkLinux) I am not familiar with
configuring network setups in Debian (opposed to script configs).  Could
anyone point me in the right direction for manually setting up my machine
for ethernet / tcp-ip over a LAN (the ethernet card IS recognized) ?  I
skipped the setup process during installation to ensure that Linux would
work on my machine (Penguin 1.5 + Kernel/Debian 2.0).

Thanks.