X Mouse and Drive errors

*··· hi,*

> I think the amiga mouse driver is built into the kernel.  Make sure that
> /dev/mouse points to /dev/amigamouse and that X is configured to use it
> (.X86Config??)

Actually, after writing the mail, i spent some more time working out how to do it and managed what
you have said here, but thanks anyhow! Well, i had a look around my dir`s, and i altered the mouse file to point to amigamouse (which is definitely the driver i was looking for), and made sure that XF86Config was looking at the correct
place.
Now, my next problem is two-fold:
a) my hard disk comes up with "hdb1: read_intr {DriveReady... (or something)}" or "hdb1:
unexpected_intr {etc.... whatever}" most of the time when it accesses the HD. I have reformatted my
HD under AmigaOS and used DiskSalv, HDToolBox etc... and physically the drive is fine. What is this,
as i don`t think that it`s good? Are there any HD checking tools like DiskSalv that check at
low-level? I have run fsck, but this hasn`t done much...
b) i have X windows installed, some fonts, fvwm95 etc... but when i run "startx" it loads up X
windows, prints out the read errors as mentioned in a), and begins to construct the GUI of fvwm.
This is all okay, but firstly the mouse doesn`t work even though i`ve make the link perfectly, and
secondly, it seems to freeze up after the GUI screen has come up.

Help! I`m totally out of my depth with this one!

> -----Under university lab conditions, the laws of nature do not apply-----

He he... how true! Many a time have i done chemistry experiments when you end up with a correlation
of 0!

Once again, thanks in advance for any help on these matters.

later,
*stoO*
--
                        _Stuart Reeves_