Re: Stupid dpkg...

sto0 wrote:

> Thanks!
> Could you possibly tell me also, what are the most basic things that i MUST have for X? I`ve got
> xbase, xserver, fvwm95, and some libs. I know i need fonts, but i haven`t been able to get hold of
> any so far since the ftp.debian.org/.../main/binary-m68k hasn`t got any (if i`m looking in the right
> place)... have they been moved to /common/?
> So, if possible, could you tell me what else is essential for X...

If you are not using it already, which seems likely with the questions
you are
asking, I would suggest you run the 'dselect' program to select,
download and
install Debian packages. Some people complain it is too SLOW, which is partially
true, but it will take care of a lot of the issues you are asking about.
Pick
xbase, xserver, etc. and it will make sure you have other items already installed
or selected for installation. Once you set it up, it knows where to find the
required and available packages for download.

> later,
> *stoO*

Alan