Debian 2.0 install report on a Quadra700

Hello,

I've just finished the Linux install on a Quadra700 (ID=22).
The install procedure has been pretty smooth. I just had to reboot under
MacOS in the middle of the install to put the {resc,drv}1440.bin and
base2_0.tgz on the HFS partition because I was not aware the floppy drive
wouldn't work under Linux (ok, next time, I'll RTFM _before_ to install ;)
The 53c96 SCSI appears to work fine, but the builtin-in ethernet adapter
is not detected (Which Alan said is normal, due no lack of proper driver).

NB: If the maintainer of the www.mac.linux-m68k.org site is around, the
Quadra700 entry on the http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/macspecs.html page
can be safely updated to "Boots?=Yes".

NB2: How do I find which type of video card the machine has and if it's
supported by XFree? (The only things I can tell about it so far are that
it's a B&W card and that xserver-fbdev segfault 3 seconds after having
been started.)

Congratulations to the Mac kernel developers and the Debian/m68k guys!

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS    vincent@{{waw,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:        Open Hardware:              WAW:               -