Re: ppp

Cross-posting to the linux-mac68k list...

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Gabriel B. Schine <gabe@tiger.acsu.k12.vt.us> wrote:
> i just installed debian on my mac quadra, and it works fine.
> i was just wondering how to get ppp working, because when I tried to load
> the module, it gave me an error. i know how to configure ppp, etc, but how
> can i get the kernel to load the ppp module?

What kind of Quadra?  What did the error say?  Wouldn't happen to have
given an error including "slhc: Device or resource busy", would it???

My 605 has had module problems, but I've heard at least one person with
a different quadra model report their ppp as working.  Never did get a
response back on my a latest set of errors. =(  Then again, I still need
to do a reinstall with a working 2.0.33 kernel tonight though, so we'll
see if that persists.  Anyway the above error was in what I got back.

> and then, i found out that man program was not installed, and was
> wondering where to get it. same with xlib6g, can't find that anywhere
> either... thanks a lot.

man is in doc/man-db, and i thought was included in the base install
(mebbe that was NetBSD I'm thinking of) but I guess not since I don't
see any mention of it in base-contents.  You also would need the manpages
themselves, also under doc, and definitely not part of the base install.
xlib6g is under x11, and also defintiely not part of the base install.
AFAIK, you should be using dselect, which would resolve questions like
this for you.

I'll get pegged by Michael if any of this is wrong... =)
-jp