Re: Install on 4MB Atari TT

> Right now my problem is that I don't know a way to create Atari-like
> partitions

For what? On which machine? If you want to create a new boot floppy
(ext2 probably), just use a normal PC partition, or a loop filesystem,
or whatever. You don't need a special "Atari like partition".

> and I didn't find an fdisk on the 1.4MB root or the Debian root.

I think at the time the 1.4MB root was created, no atari-fdisk yet
existed. But on the Debian root disk, there should be
/sbin/atari-fdisk and /sbin/fdisk as a symlink to it. You can also get
it from the package 'atari-fdisk' (for m68k) or 'atari-fdisk-cross'
(for i386).

> (Currently I have DOS partitions on the disk, and that's fine for
> the kernel, but dinstall uses internal partition table reading code
> that seems to require Atari-style partitioning.)

It shouldn't. The partition table parser should be able to read all
kinds of partition tables.

Roman