Re: Debian 2.0 CD release for m68k ?

Hi,

>> Another political question: how much can we make the CD 'bootable'? IIRC the
>> Debian 1.3 unreleased pre-alpha version for m68k was installable without any
>> single floppy diskette. Or at least I have got such a CD compiled by a
>> friend of mine. Will this be possible for hamm as well (i.e. floppy-less
>> installation)?
>
>At least for Amiga, this is already the case (actually I really HAD to make
>it this way because my good old A3000's floppy drive seems to slowly
>fade away).
>For Atari something very similar should be possible, too.

All we would need is the unpacked rescue floppy contents in /install-m68k/atari
(or /install-m68k/amiga or ../mac) - can you start the install off an ISO
filesystem or would we need additional tracks on the CD for each machine?

As soon as I got my hands on the Atari rescue floppy (*nudge*), I can make the
LHA archive so people could at least unpack that to harddisk. Phil offered to
put some goodies outside the Debian archive hierarchy if it's impossible to
add new stuff to the boot floppies directories in stable.