Re: Qn re amiga linux install

"Oldin' McGroin" <L.A.Guest@scm.brad.ac.uk> writes:

> On 16 Jul 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > installation? The probability of a broken disk is far to great with 18
> > disks. No thanks.
>
> What do you mean 18 disks!? AFAIK there should be some rescue disks? We
> are talking about the same thing here, right? Only what? 2 or 4 disks?

You have a boot disk with 040/060 libs (you need different bootdisks
for 040 and 060), one disk with the root.bin, two disks for the
drv.bin, two disks for the resc.bin (or you patch the script to use the
boot and root.bin disks), 13-14 disks for base. Thats a total of at
least 17, probably 20 disks.

If you don't have everything on disk, whats the point of having
something on disks? A bootdisk might be nice, but that would have to be a
script for AmigaDOS and the files, since you need different libs for
different systems, or several sets of bootdisks for various setups.

I much more prefer having an icon on my harddrive or on the CD that
will start the linux, but that might be just me.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn