Re: Unidentified subject!

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Roman Hodek wrote:

> > There is a critical bug against imap in hamm (buffer overrun, remote
> > root exploit), a fix for i386 has already been uploaded, it is
> > sitting in incoming.
> [...]
> > It would be nice if someone uploaded it before the evening so Brian
> > could install both binaries at least 24 hours before the release.
>
> If Brian will accept the source+i386 version for hamm, imap will
> automatically appear in our packages-that-need-rebuilding list.
> Anyway, we will have the same version in hamm has i386, either the old
> one, the fixed one, or none at all.

I see... the problem here is that if you wait for Brian to install it into
hamm, then you will be one day behind with it.... And the i386 binary
could probably be rejected just because of this ... and removed from hamm.
It could be easier to accept it if already both the binaries were sitting
in incoming.

> But we have still a compilation backlog: dialog, samba, egcs,
> wu-ftpd-academ, pstotext, xfree, and some previously failed stuff
> (mixviews, vrweb, postgresql). The former of these packages arrived
> today morning in the rebuild list, though I heard the package list was
> freezed some days ago... :-) Hope we get this managed... The one of
> our team with the fastest machine away for some conference, so most of
> the stuff has to build on slow m68k.debian.org.

Hmm... then it is possible you won't have time to compile all the things
before release (xfree seems a bit large)... perhaps the m68k release
(and cd image) should be a couple of days after the i386 ?

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
              HuLUG: http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/