fdisk problem and general errors with installation

The installation worked for me, but I have some strange behaviour to
report.  I installed debian from a spare 2Gig hard drive I had sitting in
my working linux box at work, which is intel hardware.  The disk was
originally partitioned into 3 primary partitions, hdb1,hdb2, and hdb3.
All linux native partitions.  The partitions were roughly 1Gig, 500Meg,
500Meg, respectively.  I downloaded all the debian m68k files from the net
onto hdb3, took the drive out, put it in my Amiga and went to work trying
to install it onto the first two partitions.  I got linux to come up with:

amiboot -k vmlinux -r root.bin root=/dev/ram/

and started the install process, I ran fdisk on the drive and it came up
with two partitions, both of type affs.  Yet I could still mount the
partitions as type ext2 and look at and read them.  The installation
process insisted that I partition the drive in order to continue, so I
carefully partitioned it with fdisk, leaving the same cylinder count for
the last partition which contained all the files.  Note:  this time I
changed the sizes of the first two partitions, the drive should now have
been,

hdb1.........150Meg
hdb2.........1350Meg
hdb3.........500Meg

These changes were saved to the drive with the w command.
If I now mount the partitions, they come up with the old sizes, 1Gig,
500M, 500M.  I don't know what this means.  Are there two different
partition tables on this disk somehow?

I was still able to finish the install process, I had a lot of problems
with the packages and the package installer, but I think it's my
unfamiliarity with the Debian distribution.  I installed X and had to
configure most of it by hand, but it still doesn't work.  In particular
when I try to start X, I get the message:

Fatal Server Error:
xf86MapVidMem: Could not mmap framebuffer (Invalid Argument)

Other than that it seems to try to start, it flashes all the usual
information before the error message pops up.  Any ideas?

Eric

/**********************************/
/*  Eric H. Majzoub               */
/*  Graduate Researcher           */