Re: What Macs are supported

According to Michael Schmitz:
> >I see that there is a directory hamm/hamm/disks-m68k/1998-03-10/mac,
> >and as I have a friend with a _very_ old Mac (CPU 68020, I think) I
> >was wondering if this would boot with the kernel from that directory?
>
> 020 - must be a Mac II. With a PMMU (68851) , it will boot. Might be tricky to
> find one these days though.
> Test for PMMU: if you can switch on virtual memory in the Memory control
> panel, it should have a PMMU.

Ok. I have checked. I remembered it incorrectly. He has a 68040 CPU
and a MMU, but no FPU.

We have tried booting the rescue disk made from the image in the
directory hamm/hamm/disks-m68k/1998-03-10/mac.

I boots up, but hangs after a while in the boot-up sequence. Last line
says 'Starting kswapd'.

We haven't bothered to download the base*.tgz and other files to the
local hard disk yet as the instruction says:
- copy the resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin floppy images to a directory on the
  Mac HD (HFS).

- copy base2_0.tgz to the Mac HD (no clue if there's a Mac tool to 'cat' the
  1.4 MB chunks together).

Where am I supposed to get them? ../common/?

Can this be the cause for the hang?

This Mortal Coil, Blood,

							MartinS