Re: Debian 2.0 Mac install feedback

At 10:44 AM +0100 1998.02.11, Roman Hodek wrote:
>> That's a problem that has been reported before. I admit I never
>> bothered to look at dinstall to find out what fools the process into
>> thinking base was already configured ...
>
>I just looked into it (have the source tree unpacked ATM :-), and it
>thinks base is configured if /etc/hostname exists in the target
>filesystem. Has this file accidentally packed on the base disks?

   Correction:  This happened after configuring the modules.  It then said
that base was configured, though in actuality base had *never been
installed*.  So perhaps /etc/hostname was packed with the other disk that
it asked for.  (I don't remember whether that was the rescue disk or the
drivers disk; it only asked for one of them, though.)

Josh

--
Joshua Juran                          Metamage Software Creations
=)                                         Tools for Wizards