Re: Will there be a new list of maintainers posted?

Hi,
Juergen wrote:

> the difficult ones: if someone encounters such a package and
> wants to work on it, (s)he might want to tell the people. so
> the list should only include these packages.

If some of you feel bored, having nothing to do :-), I suggest putting
together/debianizing a new, m68k-specific package, which I'd call
debian68k-utils or alike, as I had suggested earlier. It would consist of
at least:

setSCCserial
fbset
atafdformat(?)
amiga/atari-lilo (not sure)

This package should go into the "base" section. Volunteers? Shouldn't be
too hard, copy the debian.* files from other packages, decide on where
to put the programs (fbset into /bin..?), compile&upload.

> if you agree the list will be rather short, which IMO is good. ;-)
> currently i know only of util-linux being difficult. I'm not sure
> with netbase/netstd (they seem so, but i havn't tried them. hartmut?)

As Hartmut told me, he always checks/compiles new versions of those two
packages from Peter Tobias even before they are released, so these seem to
be just fine.

> and kbd (keymaps for atari/amiga in various languages, Frank?)?

Leland Lucius compiled and uploaded kbd-0.91-2 which contains all changes
and keymaps I collected and sent to Dominik Kubla. Ok, there is already
a kbd-0.91-3 now, but that shouldn't be a problem.

> what do you think of it? the current list would be a one-liner. ;-)
>
> Sourcepackage	Package Maintainer (m68k)
>
> util-linux	Frank Neumann <Frank.Neumann@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de>

I'll finish my changes/diffs and send them to Guy this weekend! Promised! :}

Frank