Re: uploading to m68k

Hi,
Juergen wrote:

> [CC to Guy Maor set!]
[ditto]

> after about 2 1/2 months of an unprocessed incoming there are now
> (as it seems) 3 seperate actions going on.

Well, bad/good luck or whatever. Different people with similar thoughts. :)

>  - Michael Schmitz has a fairly good connection to master and has
>    volunteered to clear our incomming. unfortunately he can do
>    this job only until the end of the month.
>  - Guy Maor wrote an upload processing script which should be able
>    to process uploads for every architecture. but i'm not sure how
>    far this script is with multiarchitecture uploads. Guy, you have
>    said you will write an how-to-upload document, but it seems that
>    i have missed it, could you resend it to me/us?
>  - Frank Neumann and Sven Rudolph are moving the m68k area back to
>    europe, so that the incoming processing is easier to maintain
>    for us.
>
> hmm, i think we should coordinate the work a little bit... :-)))

Well, certainly. :-)

> for me, i would vote for the uploading script from Guy at least
> in the long run. So the question is how long will it take to get
> the uploading automated for us. Guy? it seems that the script
> did already run on our incoming once?

I think item 2) and 3) don't have to exclude each other - we might put
up a similar script (or even Guy's) in Dresden to assort files
automatically (or at least semi-automatically) once it works ok.

Personally, I rather dislike having to upload to US as it's just too plain
slow for me from here (trying a traceroute - 15 hops, and I noticed that
often the only time I can connect to master at all is in the afternoon).
If there are no package maintainers from the US complaining heavily
now, I'd really vote for re-locating our "upload center" to Germany.

Of course, I'd agree to what most people agree (good old democracy :)

> up to then i would say that Michael is clearing our incoming on master,
> and if it's going to the end of the month and the script isn't working
> yet then we move the m68k uploading to dresden.
>
> comments?

I have just been given a temporary account in Dresden (which will be
made permanent in a few days), so theoretically we could already start
uploads there right now (ok, give 2 days for me becoming comfortable in there).

Frank