Re: How to sign .changes file?

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Frank Neumann wrote:

> When preparing a binary package, what do you currently do, and what versions
> of tools do you use? Like: I have compiled a package into .deb format,
> now what version of dchanges (3.0) should I use, what version of pgp do
> you have installed, and what steps do you actually take to create the
> .changes file?

hmm, I think Carl should say something about uploading, as he
moves the files on master. should we use dchanges-3.x or
dchanges-2.x? do we have to sign them?

i've build pgp-2.6.2 from the debian source (together with the
diffs from Geert and Andreas). I'm currently testing that
a bit (and learning privacy as well). i think on monday
this package will be uploaded to master.

for dpkg i use version 1.1.2 at the moment. it's in incomming
and will be in binary-68k in some time. note that dpkg >=1.1.2
forces the use of a Architecture field in the control file.

another note to dchanges-3.0: use it with the -o flag.
the new file-naming convention is voted away again... ;-))

> PPS: Juergen: As Guy Maor split up miscutils into several smaller
> packages, please change my entry for miscutils into:

done.

ciao
jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 2051 - 2387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!