Beta-test start (fwd)

Hi!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 96 22:50 PST
From: Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com>
To: debian-devel@pixar.com
Subject: Beta-test start

I think it's time to set the date for the start of the beta-test.
I am planning on April 15, two weeks from now.

Anything we can not get done by then, we should consider holding off
for 1.2 . This beta-test date does not mean we fix all of the bugs
before then, it simply means that people outside of debian-devel start
testing the system by that date. We will have about a month to get their
feedback and correct remaining bugs.

Guys, if we can't get it out by then, it's time for us to admit that
the project is a failure and start transitioning our users to Red Hat.

	Thanks

	Bruce