Re: I'm in Heidelberg next weekend

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 03:38:43PM +0100, Thomas Koch wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2015 15:38:42 martin f krafft wrote:
> > regarding the DC15 day trip, we are reaching out to y'all because
> > those currently active in DC15 organisation can't fit day trip
> > planning into their schedules.
>
> Sorry for not having time to help or even follow discussions before.
>
> My wife and I will be in the Heidelberg Youth Hostel for the next easter
> weekend (3.-6. april). We want to bring our bikes and look for nice routes and
> to visit places suitable for the day trip.
>
> I'm having a look at DayTripIdeas[1] and the mailing list. Is there anything
> else that we should do while we're there? Is anybody else there at the same
> time by coincidence?
>
> [1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Germany/DayTripIdeas

I think Marga mentioned in the last IRC meeting that we have a budget of
1000EUR for the daytrip, that is maybe 3-4EUR per person. I think that rules
out every option with an entrance fee, unless the participants are willing
to chip in.

Also if we want to have a common lunch break with all participants, maybe we
should first find a place for the lunch break where we can have a picknick
with 400 people, and which is somewhat central to the different excursion
options. Otherwise the time available for the further away excursions could
be very short. And I still think the museums (Speyer, Airplanes) are nice,
but maybe half a day is too short, especially if people have to pay the fee
out of their own pocket. Is there a fee for the caves/Felsenmeer?
A boat tour with some castle hike would be nice (and groups swap with castle
first and boat back after lunch), but the entrance and boat fee rules this
out, unless there is a significant increase in the budget for this.

On the registration page I was asked if I wanted to donate to debconf (and
the money will be collected by the youth hostel, so they write the receipts
for debian donations?). Maybe an opportunity to donate can be offereed
later, after the sponsoring decision has been made or at even debconf. With
this we might cover the budget for a nice excursion (ie 15EUR for a boat
trip plus whatever the castle costs). Or would this not be tax deductable
since my own excursion would be payed by this?

Christian