Sponsoring: expenses we should not pay directly

Hey team,

Germany doesn't really have "non-profits", our such organisations
are "for the good of the public". Organising a conference, even
sponsoring people to attend, is all for the greater good of the
public as it furthers knowledge and education.

However, there are a few things that are outside this scope (or
could be seen as such). We need to find ways to fund these directly,
i.e. such that the money does not go through the Verein:

  - day trip
  - conference dinner
  - c&w party
  - coffee sponsoring
  - drinks subsidies at the bar

You will note that not all of these are "essentials". In fact, only
the first two really are, and the c&w party could be problematic
since the youth hostel will charge us a small fee for plates,
glasses, cutlery, trash and cleaning.

The last two items are nice-to-have, but I listed them anyway,
because I think we can turn this around. Conny and I met for ice
cream and discussed this over. Basically the idea is that we offer
to our long-time sponsors that they can "purchase" such special
packs and then be e.g. the day trip sponsor or the one who
subsidises drinks at the bar. This would be in addition to the
regular sponsor packs. We'd then organise the day trip but they'd
pay.

In our experience from other conferences, this could fly well, as
sponsors are happy to spend more money if they get extravagant
placement in return. So we would like to further investigate this
and see what we can come up with.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Do you have other items that should go into the above list?

Cheers,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org