Re: booths (was: Example: Sponsorpackages)

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 09:22:07AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Franziska Lichtblau <rhalina@old-forest.org> [2014-05-08 09:10 +0200]:
> > At the kickoff meeting we didn't have the time to disucss the issue in
> > detail. But I think we should at least talk about the sponsor booths.
>
> Before we spend any more time on this: I think PwC made it pretty
> clear that sponsor booths are going to make things harder. If
> someone really asks, we can see if we can let them buy an exception,
> but in general I would like to propose that we drop the idea and not
> propose it to anyone.

One thing I thought of was organizing a poster session where projects
and/or sub-groups (or individuals) could present what they are doing on
a DIN A0 poster during the conference, and have a slot one evening
where they are hanging around their posters so interested people could
discuss/ask questions.

This could be extended so that sponsors from a particular level on are
invited to also have a poster there, and a person handling interest
during the poster session.  Of course, commercial posters should
indicated clearly as such.

But maybe this is lower exposure than a regular booth but still helpful
for sponsors.

Thoughts?

Michael