Re: Example: Sponsorpackages

also sprach Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> [2014-05-07 11:31 +0200]:
> In general i think your proposal is a good idea, but we definitifly
> should recheck with DJH about sponsor booths. Not sure if they will
> allow this. I need to admit i didn't check the draft contract with them
> yet.

We also need to be super careful wrt taxes. The reason is that it
seems that logos and banners and stuff is classified as advertising,
which is taxable at the location of the business advertising,
whereas booth presence turns the event into a fair, which means the
service is taxable on site — and we want to avoid that, especially
for international sponsors for whom we'd have to pay sales tax
otherwise.

We're on it, talking to PwC and so on. Once we have the sponsor
packages final, we should pass them on to PwC and let them draft
a sponsorship contract.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"security here. yes, ma'am. yes. groucho glasses. yes, we're on it.
 c'mon, guys. somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
 can't deal with deconstructionist humor. code blue."
                      -- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt