Re: Schedule proposals

Hey,

> The feedback I got was exactly the other way around. Maybe it is
> time for a survey?

I think both groups are big, the one group wants to mix hacking and
presentations the other wants to seperate both things. I don't know it a
survey helps here. The question  that is important, how can we create a
DebConf, with both groups say: yeah, that was the way I thought :) So maybe we
should ask how people think about how to make it the best for all.

> > > 19:30   Dinner                    Dinner
> > > 21:00   Free time / session slot  Maybe session slot
> >
> > No, please let's not schedule stuff after dinner. Part of DebConf
> > is about socializing and it requires that talks are not happening
> > in order to make that possible. It also encourages this trend of
> > getting up later and later, which is then unfair to whoever has
> > talks in the morning.

The base problem about breakfast and diner and morning talks is that the time
when people get up is so different - the one start their day at 6:30am the
other at 2pm. In my expierience alsways in the first talk the people are
tired, regardless when this starts. A stating time between 10 and 11 should be
ok for the most.

> > Agreed, but this thread was about the schedule, not about the length
> > of talks... I think that should be discussed in a separate thread.
>
> Okay, can do. But the two are very closely related. Only if we have
> more shorter sessions, then can we have lesser slots, which gives
> more flexibility to the schedule.

I like the idea to solve this problem form the other end. How many talks we
wanna have and in what length and than we know how much time we have to
schedule.  I really would like to see different length of talks in the end.
Cause many people are frithend by 45min. But if we split the half of the talk
to 20+20+5(more leap) we can easily schedule and be flexible in the talk
length.

> I agree that it was confusing, and I would love some more
> regularity.

Normally as attende I have to look to the schedular to pick the talks I wanna
attend. I think the most confusion came because the schedular was changing a
lot.

> I think that naming the days e.g. "presentation days" and "free
> days" to distinguish the two types already helps, and people will be
> able to remember that Tuesday is a "presentation day" and Thursday
> a "free day", for example. All "presentation days" are equal, as are
> all "free days".
>
> But if this is still not enough, how about having Monday and Tuesday
> be presentation days, and Thursday and Friday be free days?

I think this is enough.

Regads,

sandro