Re: Preparing a presentation for DC14

Hi,

so attending DC14 is hard, and we would could use some help with the
presentation.

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 02:31:44PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> The presentation could include:

 - A germany map with the location of the local team. As local team
   approximation, we could use the union of the bid page[1] and the HD
   kick-off meeting attendence[2].

 - Namecloud or other depiction of the name of the local team members.

 - (optional) A run-down of the number of visitors of past DebConfs. HD
   has 3 Millions visitors a year, and it would be interesting to know
   whether any Debconf besides DC10 had roughly the same or more

>   - Why Heidelberg is an excellent choice
>   - What the hostel offers to us
>   - Dates and preliminary schedule, prices even
>   - Our webpage

Looks legit.

>   - Special events we are planning

Well, maybe we should not not announce them unless they are confirmed
(or get brought up in Q&A).

>   - What we offer to sponsors
>   - Where we could use help from volunteers who want to join us and
>     how to join

Could do, especially about HD locas.

>   - Stuff to do in Heidelberg
>   - Stuff to do in Germany pre-/post-conference

Not sure what you mean here?

>   - How to keep up-to-date (blog, twitter, mailinglist, etc.)

Good point, I added that to the outline.

Michael

[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Bids/Germany#Local_team
[2] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/Germany/KickoffMeeting#Attendance