Re: Status on sponsorship brochure

Hey,

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 01:05:17PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> Here are a couple of questions/comments:
>
>   1. why did you move the logo on the front page to the bottom edge?
>      Or is that not intended?
I was not really happy with how it looked before, but I am aware that the
way it is now is not optimal either... Open for suggestions there.

>   2. Do we want the colourful, very bold/prominent version, or
>      should we just use the b/w one?
I think for the digital version colorful would be ok if we stick with the
web design that way.

>   3. I don't think we will have a Debian Day. I think we should
>      instead aim to start DebConf with two weekend days of more
>      popular stuff and invite the masses to that… DebianDay has
>      never really worked IMHO
Ok, that's an option I'm perfectly happy with. I don't know if Debian Day has never
really worked. I think it depends on the location. When we're more
centralized that it could work (was my impression in Banja Luka), but if we
are very remote I doesn't (dc13). We have both options now, but starting
out at a weekend seems finde.

>   4. The table for sponsorship levels could probably use some thin
>      horizontal lines to make it more readable, possibly even
>      odd/even row shading. I've added the lines, but I can't figure
>      out how to use row shading
Will look at it.

>   5. Why not just list the events, such as conference dinner and day
>      trip in the list just before?
My (or your not sure anymore) original idea was to give a glimpse about the
events for sponsors. But if we don't think it's necessary I'm fine with it.

>   6. We should add a note like "We would be happy to discuss your
>      individual ideas too"
That *should have* been there... I might have deleted it by accidentally.

>   7. I took the liberty to rewrite the text about the venue a bit,
>      based on our blog announcement. I also think we should not
>      mention that people can sleep in hotels. They can always do
>      that. But we would prefer if everyone stayed on site…
ok.

> I've pushed some changes, and I can look again on Monday.
Thank you!

Cheers,
Rhalina

--
rhalina (Franziska Lichtblau)                  rhalina@old-forest.org
                                             lichtblau@cip.ifi.lmu.de

«I refuse to be bound by software I cannot trust and negotiate with.»
                                                    -- Enrico Zini --