Re: [Debconf-sponsors-team] Replacing sponsors-table

also sprach Philipp Hug <debian@hug.cx> [2014-07-05 15:03 +0200]:
> I'm not so sure if you can call a custom application which is only
> used for the sponsors table maintainable.

If Summit/Django is maintained, then such an application within the
framework is really not going to be that much work.

> If we're switching to another system, I'd prefer to use standard
> software and also make sure the system is not just used for the
> sponsors table but also for invoicing.

Are you aware of such a system that supports our mode of
collaboration, and which DSA would install, if a central install
were necessary?

> > If it provides the same level of features as sponsors-table,
> > then that's enough; anything on top is icing. It should be
> > possible to add features on top, e.g. for SPI.
>
> What's the advantage of converting the text file to a custom
> python web app with an SQL backend?

Well, the layer on top of Django won't be thick. And then you get
all the benefits of using structured data over free-form data, e.g.
sorting, filtering, but also queries and the possibility to add e.g.
invoicing.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org