Re: [Debconf-team] Chairs nominations & feedback on possible chairs

> I think Lucas was clear in that he does not want to delegate any
> active core members of dc14/15, but you are obviously free to run.

My application was 3 days ago, maybe his statement is a reaction to
it, I don't know. I thought about this quite a bit and I do not see
a conflict, neither in terms of interest, nor in terms of time. I'd
be happy to elaborate in private mail, but I won't bore anyone here.

Some of you know that a large part of my motivation to get involved
with DC15 is to improve the way DebConf is organised. While I don't
believe that the current role of chairs is sufficient, my suggestion
to Lucas was to make it explicit that he expects the next set of
chairs to sit together, study the whole process, and suggest
improvements. Incidentally, Moray, who's staying a chair, made the
same proposal. As I've already spent quite a bit of time on
thinking about governance, it feels like the logical next step to be
part of a chairs team that can/will make an actual change.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"i am not in favour of long engagements. they give people the
 opportunity of finding out each other's character before marriage,
 which i think is never advisable."
                                                        -- oscar wilde