Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf14 Cheese and Wine party venue

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Gerald Turner <gturner@unzane.com> wrote:
> Team, what do we do about this new requirement from Puppet Labs?
>
> Christy Snow <christy.snow@puppetlabs.com> writes:
>> One thing that I don't think that has been mentioned, for all events
>> we have at the office we require a registration list.  This helps us
>> plan for exactly how many will be attending and our chance to present
>> our Events Code of Conduct.  We usually create a simple Eventbrite
>> that we can send to attendees (doesn't take more than 3 minutes to
>> fill out).
>>
>> Do you see any issues with this?  If not, I can have one created next
>> week and share the link with you to include in any communications or
>> putting the link on the website.
>
> Since reconfirmation has already started, I'm guessing it's too late to
> add a "Will be attending C&W party" checkbox to summit :(

Did Patty ever come to a conclusion on?:
https://www.mail-archive.com/debconf-team@lists.debconf.org/msg10905.html

I'm asking because if the two are largely in alignment, perhaps having
the attendees in compliance with the DebConf CoC, will be fine for PL?

If they aren't in alignment, I'd be concerned about enforcing
something we don't agree with upon our attendees.

In addition I see an issue forcing DebConf attendees to use
EventBrite. (People will get upset.)

-Brian