Re: [Debian-portland-soc] Looking to volunteer for Debconf14

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 02:36:14PM -0800, Patty Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 01:35:36PM -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> > I've sadly never attended DebConf, and now that it's coming local I'm
> > definitely going to fix that.

> > I'd like to go one better and help volunteer to make this a great
> > conference.

> I consider that way more than one better. :) Being a volunteer-run
> conference makes anyone who wants to work intensely valuable. We'll take
> you!

> > I've seen some discussion on this list in the past. Are there other
> > places where discussion is happening? Are there any in-person meetings
> > happening?

> Do you hang out on IRC at all? We have a #debian-pdx channel on OFTC that we
> occassionally start mutterings about organization. There's also the global
> #debconf-team channel on OFTC where we hang out.

> Otherwise, we have local[0] and global[1] mailing lists you can join.

> Look forward to hearing more from you soon!
> Patty

Also, there's an iCal feed of all the DebConf14 events, that we keep up to
date:

  http://www.debconf.org/calendars/DebConf-team.ics

Our next local meet-up is February 12; Bart has assured us he'll be able to
host again, though I haven't gotten confirmation yet what room we'll be in.

Welcome to the team, Carl!