Re: DebConf 14 logo design

On 08/13/13 08:16, Patty Langasek wrote:
I was just wondering how your logo is coming along. The presentation is on
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 09:52:20AM -0700, Matto Marjanovic wrote:
In addition to the as-yet unanswered questions below, I've got one more:
when does the DebConf14 team need to have a final logo?  I recall seeing
some mention of "August 17" in an earlier email.

In any case, I intend to post another revision(s) in the next couple of days.

Ok... a mere 48 days later:  here is the revised logo.

I've attached the complete version here, and 'sparse' as an example of
a variation which (give/take the time and place text) would be more
appropriate for use as, e.g., letterhead.

If there are no major objections/critiques, I will go ahead and make
a cleaned-up Inkscape file (minus the doodles and incremental changes
and embarrassing experiments) and send that out, too.

The font used here is the "Laudatio C" font suggested in earlier emails.

-mm

ps:  Sorry... couldn't find a good spot for a mighty Doug Fir.  :)