Re: [Debconf-team] A/V opt-out for speakers (Re: Thinking of organising a special mini-debconf

On 08/21/2013 09:20 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The main reason to attend a talk in person, rather than just watching it on
> the video stream, is to be able to participate.

Those people attending remotely also participate. :)

While I think the ideas expressed so far are good for completeness, I
don't recall a recent DebConf that did not have a 3rd, 4th, or more
additional talk or BOF rooms that are not streamed/recorded.  These
rooms can certainly be utilized for those talks that wish not to be
videoed.  As a remote attendee for the last few years, having a talk
scheduled for one of the main rooms to find it "cancelled for
streaming/recording" would be disappointing.

--
Kind regards,
Michael Shuler