Re: Video Team OnlineMiniConf/Testing Server

Hey Kyle

On 2020/09/28 10:46, Kyle Robbertze wrote:
> Option 2 - AX161
> ----------------
> Cost per month: 199,52 € and 138,04 € once-off setup fee
> CPU: AMD EPYC 7502P 32 Cores "Rome"
> RAM: 128GB
> Drives: 2x 1.92TB NVMe SSD (configurable, additional drives available)
> Data center: Falkenstein, Germany
>
> I would like some feedback on these options, especially around
> Voctomix's CPU requirements.

The second option seems to provide a lot better value for money, and I
like the idea that there's enough resources available for further
experimentation and also running a training stack on there so that
training doesn't have to happen on the live stack (which was a bit of a
challenge during DebConf). I found that OBS runs fine on 4 modern AMD
cores (that's getting 30fps at 720p using 25% CPU or 60fps at 1080p
using 50% cpu) without needing a hardware GPU. So, even though option 1
might even be enough for everything, I think that for what one more
sponsored online attendee would cost we would get plenty of more cores
that we could certainly make use of.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage