Video Team OnlineMiniConf/Testing Server

Hi all,

As discussed in the last two meetings, we decided that the video team
should have a dedicated server for running a version of our online
conference stack (Vocto, Voctoweb, Jibri, OBS, etherpad/alternative).
This setup would be designed around a single track conference. The main
infrastructure would stay up, with stream front-ends being spun up as
needed.

This server would not run Jitsi, as this would require additional IP
addresses, etc. Rather miniconfs would use jitsi.debian.social, with
additional Jibri instances being provided by the video team. It would
also not run SReview, instead make use of the instance running on Vittoria.

My thinking was purchasing one large server that would act as a
hypervisor, with all services running as VMs on it. Unfortunately our
stack is quite heavy - Voctomix is very CPU intensive, as is OBS. Jibri
is memory heavy. Finally, our stream recordings take up a fair amount of
disk space. I have come up with two options, depending on how much CPU
we think we need. Both are supplied by Hetzner. This selection is just
personal preference, but also means that we are physically close to the
debian.social server providing Jitsi.

Option 1 - AX61-NVMe
--------------------
Cost per month: 103,24 € and 103,24 € once-off setup fee
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12-Core
RAM: 128GB
Drives: 2x 1.92TB NVMe SSD
Data center: Falkenstein, Germany

Option 2 - AX161
----------------
Cost per month: 199,52 € and 138,04 € once-off setup fee
CPU: AMD EPYC 7502P 32 Cores "Rome"
RAM: 128GB
Drives: 2x 1.92TB NVMe SSD (configurable, additional drives available)
Data center: Falkenstein, Germany

I would like some feedback on these options, especially around
Voctomix's CPU requirements.

Cheers
Kyle

--