Re: Music used in Debconf16 Video?

Hi Petter,

Great question!

You remind me that in this video I didn't exclusively look for
creative commons content on free platforms. It was a local
collaborator (Merlin) who suggested and offered this song. I put this
video on Youtube[1] ("Music by "Merlin", Africori - Waar Was Jy (Radio
Mix)) and the original credits appear, however, the Youtube platform
did not charge or block my video/upload. If you are looking for the
original authors and want to get a direct email/ authorization, I
suggest you search for the contact below:

Original data:
Music: Waar Was Jy (Radio Mix) · Skeem · RR
Album: Waar Was Jy: Collectors Edition
Records: ℗ Muthaland Entertainment
Genere: Africana
Release date: 2013-10-17

Only the music on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdZtvX22Xk

This video was an exception to all the others I had ever done. Because
in the others at the end of the video the credits for the soundtrack
appear; Whose extract is always from platforms that provide songs with
licenses appropriate to remix.

I hope I answered your question, I also copy the debconf-video team to
assess whether we should edit and remove this excerpt from the Debconf
video platforms and whether we need explicit authorization. It seems
to me that on Youtube you are already committed to authorizing this
reproduction.

Cheers,
Valessio Brito

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGZW4odfSo