Re: [Debconf-video] Audio gear at ARM for the videoteam for the Cambridge Mini-DC

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of response - I was away at the Debian Cloud sprint
last week and I'm still catching up...

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 08:09:21PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
>On 2017-10-13 03:36, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> We (the DebConf Videoteam) had a meeting yesterday in preparation for
>> the Cambridge Mini-DC and we were wondering about the audio setup at ARM.
>>
>> Mainly, do you have any audio gear (microphones, PA, etc.), or should we
>> bring our stuff?
>>
>> We do have a microphone kit for a room (2 headset mics and 2 handhelds)
>> and a mixing console, but we don't have:
>>
>> * a PA system
>> * microphone stands
>> * ambient microphones
>>
>> Alternatively, is there any weird room setup we should be aware of (long
>> runs to the projector, weird PA console, etc.)?

The setup here is the same as what we had last year, which I'd hope
people will remember:

  double projectors for the front of the room
  ambient mics and inset speakers overhead, along with repeater
  displays (TVs) as the floor is flat
  amplifier behind the presenter
  control unit for PA and displays on the presenter rostrum

It's not a particularly big room, maybe 10m x 8m at a guess. There's
easy space at the back of the room to set up. Andy, Nicolas, Stefano,
etc. have set this up before without any issues.

Is there anybody out there?