Re: [Debconf-video] MiniDebConf Prishtina video

Hi Daniel,

On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 08:09:23PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Where can I store the raw video and audio files from the MiniDebConf in
> Prishtina?
>
> Is there a workflow I can suggest for volunteers to process these into a
> format suitable for the web?
>
> We have about 30GB of data, including video files from a DSLR and audio
> recorded with a lapel microphone.

Whoa.

I hope you used a clapperboard or something along those lines, otherwise
getting them back into sync might be complicated. The human mind is
*extremely* good at detecting when A/V desync has happened; the only way
to reliably get things back into sync well enough is by using a
visualisation of the audio and to line that up with a visual cue that
can be easily related to part of the audio visualisation (like would be
the case with a clapperboard and the spike that its clap would produce).

Most nonlinear editors will support doing so. One nonlinear editor that
exists in Debian is "kdenlive". Not sure whether it supports that --
haven't tried yet.

Alternatively, sreview (https://sreview.debian.net) is capable of
processing A/V desync correction values, but it doesn't have any way to
help you line up the audio and video yet.

If you want to do the former, you'll probably have to do more work
yourself, and afterwards one of us will have to do the upload into the
meetings archive.

If you want to do the latter, we'll have to get the raw files uploaded
to vittoria.debian.org, I'll have to add code to sreview so that audio
from alternate sources is supported (shouldn't be too hard, can probably
get that done next weekend or maybe a little earlier), you'll have to
give me the schedule, and then you and any volunteers you want to share
the load with can do review through the sreview webinterface.

Let me know what you decide ;)

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab